I do my best to keep my home protected because my family’s safety is important to me. One day, when I was preparing to go out of the country, I realized that my passport and shot records were stored in a flimsy lockbox that my wife has had since she was in college. Although the lock box stored my documents, it didn’t offer any significant protection. I knew that I had to find a different solution.
My life changed when I received the SentrySafe Big Bolts Combination Fire Safe. It not only keeps my documents safe from theft and fire, but it also gives me a sense of comfort that I didn’t have before. One thing that I quickly discovered about the safe is that is sturdy. It took both my wife and I to move it. It will be very difficult for someone to remove this thing without someone noticing.
Here are a few more of the safe’s impressive specifications:
- Advanced fire protection – UL Classified for Fire Endurance (1 hour at 1700˚F), to protect documents, records, and valuables stored inside from fire damage
- 60% bigger bolts than traditional safes
- Pry resistant hinge bar helps provide additional protection from forced entry
- ETL Verified to pass a 15 foot/4.5 meter drop test to ensure contents remain intact and locked upon impact
- ETL Verified for 1 hour fire protection of CDs, DVDs, Memory Sticks and USB Drives up to 1700˚F/927˚C to protect precious media in the event of a fire
- ETL Verified water resistance up to 8 inches for 24 hours
- Key rack, door tray, and door pocket for small, easy-to-misplace items
- Bolt down kit included to prevent unauthorized removal
You can also watch a video of SentrySafe’s Fire Safe testing standards. After using this product, I definitely recommend that every family get a safe for their home.
If you’d like to have the peace-of-mind that a safe brings, I’d like to give you the opportunity to win one. To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question:
How do you keep your important documents and valuables safe?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ SentrySafe on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on any Mocha Dad Media Blog: Mocha Dad or Six String Theories (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (1 extra entries)
- Tweet this contest (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Win a SentrySafe Big Bolts Combination Fire Safe” Contest starts on Thursday, August 18, 2011 and ends Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Wednesday, August 24, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.