As many of you know, I’m not an advocate of talking or texting on handsets while driving. While there are many devices that people can use to talk hands-free, I prefer to use the Parrot Minikit+ Bluetooth Hands-free kit for 2 reasons:
1. Those bluetooth earpieces make me feel like The Borg.
2. Voice activation is cool.
The device can recognize your spoken inputs for initiating, accepting, or rejecting calls. Simply tap the Call button, speak the name of anyone in your synced address book, and the Minikit+ will initiate a call. I especially like the hands-free Magic Word feature (for example, when a call is incoming, you can simply say “Accept” or “Reject” to accept or reject the call without touching the Call button).
You can also use the MiniKit+ to stream audio from your phone. I wouldn’t recommend trying to listen to music because the device’s speaker could some improvement. However, the speaker works perfectly fine for playing spoken turn-by-turn directions from your phone’s navigation apps. On the flip side, the device’s microphone, with reduction technology, makes it easy for the callers on the other end to hear you clearly.
The battery life is another great feature of this MiniKit+. The user’s manual says that you get about 12 hours of talk time from a single charge and I must confirm that this statement correct. I don’t drive much and I went several days before I thought about charging the device.
Here are a few other MiniKit+ specifications:
- Works with all brands of Bluetooth enabled phones
- Connects two phones simultaneously
- Voice recognition
- Automatically switches on when you get in the car.
- Automatic synchronisation with mobile phone contact list
If you spend much time in your car making calls, you should definitely have a look at the the Parrot Minikit+ hands-free kit. The device is available at major retailers for around $89.99.
In the meantime, I’d like to give one lucky reader an opportunity to win one of these cool devices. To enter the giveaway, answer the following question:
What is the strangest thing you’ve seen someone do while driving?
Additional Entries (These entries will be counted only after the required entry has been submitted)
- ‘Like’ Parrot on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Follow Parrot on Twitter @parrot (3 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Tweet this contest: “Win a Parrot Minikit+ Bluetooth hands-free kit from @parrot & @mochadad http://bit.ly/N5WD4l #giveaway (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a non-contest Mocha Dad post on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Win a Parrot Minikit+” Giveaway starts on Sunday, July 1, 2012 and ends Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 30 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.