Each year, I look forward to March Madness. I love the excitement of watching teams from across the country vie for the NCAA college basketball Division I championship title.
I’ve have two significant memories of the NCAA Basketball tournament: The first was in 1992, when my school, Howard University, faced Kansas in the first round. Even though we lost 100-62, we still had a big party on campus.
The second memory was when my wife, who was a reporter at the time, got to cover the championship game in 1996 when the University of Kentucky won the title. I tried to figure out a way that I could disguise myself as her and cover the game in her place. Sadly, her dresses didn’t fit. Therefore, I had to watch from home.
Supercuts is hooking up one lucky winner with a trip for two to Houston from April 1 – 5, 2011. The package includes airfare, four nights’ hotel accommodations, access to the on-court action and $500 in spending money. I encourage you to go to facebook.com/supercuts to learn more about how to enter to win (entry deadline is March 12)
In addition, I’m giving Mocha Dad readers a chance to win a Hunt for Houston Prize Pack on this blog. The pack includes:
- $20 Supercuts Gift Card
- $20 Sports Authority Gift Card
- Desk/Office Basketball Game Set – Hoop/Ball
- Foam Finger
To enter, please leave a comment answering the following question:
What teams do you think will make it to the Final Four Tournament in Houston?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- Enter the Supercuts contest on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (7 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on any Mocha Dad Media Blog: Mocha Dad, Six String Theories or Making It Last Forever (2 extra entries for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Send this Tweet – Win a Hunt for Houston Prize Pack from @mochadad http://bit.ly/hXbGYo (5 Tweets per day, 1 extra entry per tweet)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Send a video of you hitting a shot from half-court (100 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Win a Hunt for Houston Final Four Basketball Prize Pack Contest” starts on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 and ends Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, March 15, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: I RECEIVED A PRIZE PACK FOR REVIEW PURPOSES. THE OPINIONS I HAVE EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND HAVE NOT BEEN INFLUENCED. I AM DISCLOSING THIS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION’S 16 CFR, PART 255 : “GUIDES CONCERNING THE USE OF ENDORSEMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS IN ADVERTISING