Welcome to Mocha Dad. I’m so glad you decided to visit my little slice of the internet. I’ve been participating in the Ultimate Blog Party for several years and it’s always great to meet new friends. If you’re new to Mocha Dad, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Frederick J. Goodall, but you can call me Fred. Here are 25 facts about me:
1. I started Mocha Dad in 2008 because I couldn’t find any good information about fatherhood on the web. My goal share my personal stories and experiences to show the world that dads were fully involved in their families’ lives.
2. I have three children, Nee (13 – Yikes!), N (10), X (3).
3. My wife and I have been married for nearly 17 years.
4. We have a Shi-Tzu, name Lily. She likes to chew on things especially LEGOs.
5. I worked at my former company for over 20 years before starting my own company, Goodall Family Media.
6. My other Goodall Family media website is Mocha Man Style, a men’s lifestyle site.
7. I have visited 40 states in America. I’ve lived in 8 states. My goal is to visit all 50.
8. I’ve also visited 11 countries. I probably won’t visit all of the countries in the world, but I’ll do my best to get to as many as I can.
9. I was born and raised in Texas, but I have a secret crush on California.
10. Smiling is my favorite.
12. My daughter and I have started a band – The Mochas. Our song, “X-Minor,” is destined to become a hit.
13. Ernie is my favorite Sesame Street character. Cookie Monster is second.
14. Favorite sports teams – Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets, Houston Astros.
16. I used to be a wedding photographer. I quit after one of my client’s mother threatened to stab me.
17. I’m training to be an Olympic snowboarder. Watch my video – A Dad and His Snowboad #MochaDad2018
18. I wish I could be a superhero.
19. Monday is my favorite day of the week.
20. I mentor a group of teenage boys because I believe in the importance of giving back to the community and inspiring young men to live up to their potential.
21. I was training to be an MMA fighter, but I had to stop because my wife didn’t think it was a wise thing for a 40 year dad to do.
22. I’m a hugger.
23. There is no 23.
24. I love being a father. It’s the best job I’ve ever had.
25. I believe that time is the most precious gift a father can give his children.
Thank you for stopping by. Please stick around and read more articles on Mocha Dad about parenting, fatherhood, and family issues. You can also follow me on Twitter @mochadad.
Check out the other Dad Bloggers on #UBP14