I’ll admit that I wasn’t a fan of buying steak at Walmart. That’s why I was reluctant when they asked me to try their new USDA Choice steaks. After tasting the steaks, I’ve become a convert.
I purchased some ribeyes (my favorite steaks). They were fresh with good marbleization and a nice color. I cooked them according to Chef Eric Lackey’s recipe (see below) and they turned out great. They were tender, juicy, and flavorful.
I’d recommend your giving the steaks a try at your next BBQ. Try the recipes below for a great summertime meal.
Grilled Ribeye with Everglades Rub (Recipe created by Chef Eric Lackey)
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 4 tsp Everglades seasoning
- 1 tsp coffee, ground
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/ tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Black Bean, Corn, & Mango Salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 whole mangos
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 small onion diced
Grilled Vidalia Onion
- 1 large Vidalia onion (if you can’t find Vidalia onions substitute with your favorite onion)
- 2 tblsp butter
- 1 tblsp honey
If you’d like to try some of Walmart’s new USDA Choice steaks, I’d like to give you the opportunity to win a $25 Walmart gift card.
To enter the contest, answer the following question in the comments section:
What is your favorite summertime food?
- ‘Like’ Walmart on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Follow Sears on Twitter @walmart (3 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad (2 extra entries for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (2 extra entry)
- Tweet this contest: Win a $25 Walmart Gift card from @walmart & @mochadad http://bit.ly/KVHnHK (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a Mocha Dad post on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Win a $25 Walmart Gift Card Contest” starts on Sunday, May 27, 2012 and ends Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, June 4, 2012. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.