With the National Hockey League (NHL) playoffs underway, fans from coast to coast are exercising their right to grow beards to support their favorite teams.
The tradition of the playoff beard started in the 1980s by the New York Islanders. Since then, scores of players have participated in the annual ritual. Players stop shaving when their team enters the playoffs and don’t shave until their team is eliminated or wins the Stanley Cup. The beard is both a reminder of team unity and a way to get you thinking about the playoffs from the moment they look in the mirror in the morning.
I’ve partnered with Philips Norelco to host a “Beard-a-Thon” on Mocha Dad. Show me your beard for your chance to win a Philips Norelco PowerTouch with Aquatec Shaver (AT810).
The NEW range of Philips Norelco PowerTouch with Aquatec electric shavers provides a quick, convenient and skin-friendly shave. These shavers can be used wet with gel or foam for a refreshing shave and extra skin protection, or dry for convenience.
These shavers feature:
- DualPrecision heads that effectively shave long hairs and short stubble simultaneously
- Patented Super Lift and Cut system that lifts hairs and cuts comfortably close below skin level
- Skin Protection System that uses rounded low-friction heads, which adjust to the contours of the face to limit skin irritation
- Aquatec Wet and Dry Technology that allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience. Can be used in the shower or in front of the sink.
- Flexing heads that follow the contour of the face for a more precise shave
Three (3) winners will be selected.
Mandatory Entry (One of these must be completed before other entries are counted)
- Post a photo (or a link) of your beard (or partner’s beard) on the Mocha Dad Facebook Page (5 entries) or
- Leave a comment telling me your pick for the NHL player who has the best playoff beard (1 entry)
- ‘Like’ Philips Norelco on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Follow Philips Norelco on Twitter @shaveexperts
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad (2 extra entries for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (2 extra entry)
- Tweet this contest: Show @mochadad your beard for a chance to win a Philips Norelco shaver from @shaveexperts http://bit.ly/KyCGSW (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a Mocha Dad post on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Beard-A-Thon Contest” starts on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 and ends Friday, June 1, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. Three (3) winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, June 4, 2012. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.