Contest Closed 6/30/11
Each year, parents are faced with the challenge of keeping kids occupied during the summer. One way to keep children busy is to introduce them to the wonderful world of science. Scientific Explorer and Elmer’s have partnered to show kids just how easy and fun science can be.
If you’d like to nurture some budding scientist this summer, you can enter for the chance to win a Science Prize Package for your young scientists .This package includes:
- Scientific Explorer’s Lava Blasting Volcano Kit or Mythbusters Weird World of Water – These fun science sets keep kids engaged with science outside the classroom and continue the education at home. MYTHBUSTERS™ uses science to determine the truth behind urban legends. Using the scientific method and plain old-fashioned curiosity and ingenuity, the MYTHBUSTERS™ test myths both widely-known and obscure, potentially life-saving and seemingly trivial. Called “the best science program on television,” MYTHBUSTERS™ is widely credited with making science cool again.
- Elmer’s Foam Board – perfect for showcasing a science projects
- Elmer’s Project Popperz ® accessories – cool letters, shapes, borders and stencils to make projects stand out
My kids and I had fun with the Mythbusters Weird World of Water Science Set. The most exciting activity was building and launching a rocket that was fueled by baking soda and water. The experiment was easy to set up and supplies included a plastic bottle, balsa wood, and a plastic nose cone. My sons screamed with delight as the rocket blasted past past our roof. Afterwards, my older son told me he wanted to be an astronaut. I’m sure we launched that rocket at least 20 times before I had to tell the boys that the launch pad was closed.
For chance to win the Science Prize Package, answer the following question in the comments section:
What was your favorite Science Fair project that you completed when you were in school or you helped your child to complete?
After you have completed the mandatory entry, you can do any or all of the following:
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- Like Elmer’s on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Follow Scientific Explorer on Twitter (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter (3 extra entries)
- Subscribe to Scientific Explorer YouTube Channel (3 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on any Mocha Dad Media Blog: Mocha Dad or Six String Theories (3 extra entries for each comment)
- Tweet this contest (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (2 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Enter my “Portraits of Dad” Photo Contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Scientific Explorers Contest” starts on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 and ends Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Thursday, June 30, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.