Holly Robinson Peete, bestselling author, actress, and national autism spokesperson, has paired with her daughter, Ryan, to co-author My Brother Charlie (Scholastic), an uplifting book based on their own personal experiences with Holly’s son and Ryan’s brother, RJ, who has autism.
Watch this short video that explains why Holly and Ryan decided to write this book:
In this story, told from a sister’s point of view, we meet a family whose oldest son teaches them important lessons about togetherness, hope, tolerance, and love. Now I’d like to give you the opportunity to win your own copy of this special book.
One (1) winner will receive an autographed copy of My Brother Charlie. Two (2) additional winners will receive a copy of the book.
- To enter the contest, leave a comment explaining why you’d like to win this book.
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad or on Making It Last Forever (1 extra entries for each comment)
- Tweet the following message: Win an autographed copy of @hollyrpeete’s book My Brother Charlie from @mochadad http://bit.ly/dBcP7z. (1 extra entry for each tweet – 5 per day)
- Answer this question: What song does Mocha Dad’s son sing while watching Mocha Dad take a shower (answer on blog) – 1 extra entra
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Facebook fans are automatically entered into all Mocha Dad contests.
Mocha Dad’s “My Brother Charlie Book Contest” starts on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 and ends Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. and Canada. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad are not eligible to win. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Wednesday, April 21, 2010. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. A representative from Big Honcho Media will conduct prize fulfillment. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.