I’ve always admired TOMS’ commitment to community service. Their business model of donating one pair of shoes for each pair sold is commendable. This month, the brand has partnered with Movember to help promote men’s health.
Here are a few startling facts about prostate cancer:
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime with one of 27+ types of prostate cancer.
- Every 2.2 minutes, a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Every 15.6 minutes, a man dies from prostate cancer.
I’m participating in Movember because my family has been affected by prostate cancer and I don’t want anyone else to lose a loved one prematurely. I urge you to support my Movember fundraising efforts, by donating to my campaign. My goal is to raise $2500 by the end of the month (you do not have to donate to participate in the giveaway).
To encourage your partication in Movember, I’d like to offer one Mocha Dad reader the opportunity to win a pair of TOMS shoes. TOMS has created a special line of Movember styles. The winner will receive one of the featured styles (based on size availability): http://www.toms.com/movember-styles?icid=us-land-102012_178
To enter the giveaway, answer the following question:
What steps can men take to live healthier lives?
Additional Entries (These entries will be counted only after the required entry has been submitted)
- ‘Like’ TOMS on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Follow Braun on Twitter @BraunUS (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter and tweet this contest: #Movember Giveaway: Win a pair of @toms shoes from @mochadad http://bit.ly/WjXsYK (1 extra entry per tweet – 7 per day)
- Share a non-contest Mocha Dad post on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Movember Giveaway: Win a Pair of TOMS Shoes” starts on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 and ends Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 30 days. One (1) winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.