CONTEST CLOSED – 8/19/2011
More than 10,000 of Macy’s Parade’s ever-rambunctious elves have magically taken residence at Macy’s stores nationwide and at locations in select cities. Fans who find one of Macy’s hidden elves, give it a makeover and submit their design to Macy’s Facebook page could see their elf design transformed into a flying wonder and watch it soar in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade! In addition, the winner and three guests will receive a trip to New York City to see the Parade live.
To find an elf, look for clues on Macy’s Facebook page and via Twitter @macysevents or #macyself. Each day from until August 24th, Macy’s will post a clue and password that will help reveal the location of elves. Once elf hunters have deduced the location, they must tell a department sales associate the daily password to receive their coveted sprite. The daily clue and password can also be received by texting* ELF to MACYS (62297).
In addition, I am holding a contest and the prize includes an elf (for you to decorate and submit) and a $75 Macy’s gift card. To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question:
Who is your favorite elf?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ Macy’s on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on any Mocha Dad Media Blog: Mocha Dad or Six String Theories (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (1 extra entries)
- Tweet this contest (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Send a photo of yourself dressed as an elf (25 extra entries)
- Send a video of your reciting the Gettysburg Address in Elvish (50 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s Macy’s Gift Card Giveaway starts on Thursday, August 18, 2011 and ends Friday, August 19, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Friday, August 19, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 hours, a new winner will be chosen.