Mother’s Day is approaching fast and I know many of you haven’t even started shopping. Instead of fretting about not buying a card, take the opportunity to do something that your wife will enjoy. Here are a few ideas.
Breakfast in bed
This one can be tricky because some moms may not be able to enjoy breakfast in bed because she’s worried about spilling food on the sheets or about the mess that you and the kids have made in the kitchen. But if you reassure her that you have everything under control, a lovely breakfast of waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, and International Delight’s Iced Coffee will be the perfect start to the day.
The Gift of Nothing
I’ve polled moms on Twitter and Facebook and they told me that the one gift that they’d love for Mother’s Day is a few hours of relaxation. You can be a hero by getting your wife a plush robe and allowing her to unwind in a hot bath with her favorite bath products. Let her to spend the day doing absolutely nothing or give her some uninterrupted time to do some of her favorite activities. It will be your job to keep the kids occupied.
An Act of Service
Remember all of those projects you’ve been meaning to tackle around the house. Mother’s Day weekend is the perfect time to get those things done. Your wife will appreciate your finally crossing items off of the “Honey Do” List.
To get you started, I’d like to offer one reader a chance to win 5 half gallon containers of International Delight’s Iced Coffee. To enter the contest, answer the following question in the comments section:
How do you celebrate Mother’s Day?
- ‘Like’ International Delight’s Iced Coffee on Facebook (3 entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad (2 extra entries for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (2 extra entry)
- Tweet this contest: Win International Delight’s Iced Coffee from @mochadad http://bit.ly/LrvMxD (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a Mocha Dad post on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Post a video on the International Delight’s Iced Coffee on Facebook Page describing how you celebrate Mother’s Day (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Last Minute Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day” Contest starts on Thursday, May 10, 2012 and ends Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, May 14, 2012. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.