My son and I love to build LEGO® sets (note: LEGO is the contraction of two Danish words, “leg godt” which means “play well”). Our current obsession is the LEGO Superheroes series. I’m coveting the new Batman set that includes an Aquaman mini-figure. We’re even more excited about attending the LEGO KidsFest. The national tour stops in Houston, TX at Reliant Park May 17 – 19, 2013. It will be a fun-filled weekend of hands-on LEGO building and experiences. Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find are:
- LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Model Builders: The crew who get paid to play; there are only 7 in the U.S. and 2 will be at LEGO KidsFest Texas
- Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
- LEGO Games Arena: play a new way with the world’s first collection of board games that you build, play and change from LEGO.
- Creation Nation: A basketball court sized map of the U.S. where unique creations can be built and added to the custom map over the weekend
- LEGO DUPLO®: There are “so many ways to play” with bricks double the size for smaller hands
- LEGO Retail & KidsFest Marketplace: LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
- LEGO Friends: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets
Because of the popularity of this event, you should purchase tickets as soon as possible. The event is likely to sell out. I’d also like to give you the opportunity to win 1 pair of tickets to the show on Friday, May 17th. To enter the giveaway, answer the following questions in the comments section:
What is your favorite LEGO memory?
Additional Entries (These entries will be counted only after the required entry has been submitted)
- ‘Like’ LEGO KidsFest on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad and @LegoKidsFest on Twitter and tweet this contest: Enter to win a pair of tickets to the Houston @LegoKidsFest from @mochadad http://su.pr/AMRHXs (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a non-contest Mocha Dad post on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, or StumbleUpon (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “LegoKidsFest Giveaway” starts on Friday, April 26, 2013 and ends on Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans 18 years old and older in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this website within the past 30 days. One (1) winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” All opinions are my own. Total prize value is $40. Tickets will be delivered via e-mail.