Whether it’s for the tax deduction or the warm fuzzy feeling giving to others generates, most Americans plan to make a charitable donation over the holiday season. In fact, nearly 60 percent of Americans say they’ll donate between Thanksgiving and Christmas, according to a survey reported in the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
With so many worthy causes, it is difficult to know where the gift can best be used. Gifts to the World Vision Gift Catalog Maximum Impact Fund are used where resources are most desperately needed, to help children and families in struggling communities around the world. With a financial contribution, the gift giver can select one of 36 Maximum Impact items (a few are listed below) that can be given to a loved one and at the same time help a person in need.
If you’re looking to give your loved ones a memorable gift that will also make a difference in the lives of children and families living in poverty in the U.S. and around the world, I’d recommend selecting a few unique and sustainable items from World Vision’s Gift Catalog (you can watch this YouTube video to see how the gift catalog works).
The catalog offers more than 250 gifts including many affordable items under $50. Gifts available include, but are not limited to:
- Artisan Beaded Necklace: This glass-bead necklace is handmade in Thailand and can be worn several different ways — even as a multi-strand bracelet.
- Eco Cold Cup: This popular 16 oz. BPA-free tumbler comes in handy when on the run. Every sip is a reminder of those who’ve been helped.
- Veggie Tales “Incredible Vegetables” DVD: Heroic adventures and veggie fun for the family movie night! This newest Veggie Tale DVD is an action adventure that teaches kids how to conquer fear through a faith-based message.
- A set of plush toys – Gertie Goat, Chuma Chick and Pallu Pig: Gertie, Chuma and Pallu are available exclusively through World Vision and represent farm animals that are donated to children and families around the world and provide a steady supply of nutritious food and the surplus can be sold for extra income.
The best part about these gifts is that they are self-sustainable. For example, goats given to communities in Africa are purchased in Africa. This allows transformational community development within the most poverty-stricken villages. After purchasing a Gift Catalog item, the person whose name the gift was given in receives a special card describing the gift and its impact.
As a thank you for visiting the Gift Catalog, I’d like to offer one reader an opportunity to win a hand-crafted, Artisan Beaded Necklace.
To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question:
How do you help others during the holiday season (or any other time)?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ The World Vision Catalog Facebook page (5 extra entries)
- Follow World Vision on Pinterest (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter and tweet this contest: Enter to win an Artisan Beaded Necklace from World Vision and @mochadad http://bit.ly/Widtyu (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, Pinterest, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Give with Maximum Impact this Holiday Season – World Vision Gift Catalog Giveaway” starts on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 and ends Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon afterwards. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.