Each year, I participate in Movember to raise awareness for men’s health issues. During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of millions of moustaches on men’s faces around the world. Through the power of the Mo, vital funds and awareness are raised to combat cancers and mental health challenges. These stats show how Movember has impacted men’s since 2003.
Studies show that many men don’t get regular health checks for the following reasons:
- Fear it will lead to a hospital visit
- Embarrassed to discuss their health issues
- Find it too hard to see a doctor because they just can’t fit it into their schedule
- Just can’t be bothered making an appointment
I urge all men to get regular check-ups, eat right, and exercise regularly. These simple steps can save your life.
Check out my Mo Space for more information on my Movember motivation. Each donation to my Mo Space helps to bring us one step closer to a cancer-free world.
I’d also like to give one Mocha Dad reader the opportunity to win a Movember Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler Prize Pack that includes the following items:
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler
- Gillette Mach3 Sensitive Shaver
- The Art of Shaving Sample Kit (Pre-shave oil, shaving cream, after-shave balm)
- 1 set of moustaches
What men’s health issues are you most concerned about?
Additional Entries (These entries will be counted only after the required entry has been submitted)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (5 extra entries)
- Like Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad and @Gillette on Twitter and share this tweet: Enter to win a #Movember Fusion ProGlide Styler Prize Pack from @Gillette and @mochadad http://wp.me/P31byE-356 #giveaway (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share or leave a comment on this post – Movember 2013: Fighting Cancer for My Friend (1 extra entry for each share or comment – no limit)
Mocha Dad’s “Movember Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler Prize Pack Giveaway” starts on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 and ends on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans 18 years old and older in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Goodall Family Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this website within the past 30 days. One (1) winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my website. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” All opinions are my own. Allow 3-6 weeks for giveaway fulfillment. While Gillette has provided promotional support in the form of prizes, Gillette is not sponsoring or administering the giveaway on this website. Prize value = $40.