My dresser drawer is like a graveyard for expended gift cards. They lie there hoping to be replenished with funds and used again. Of course, they never are.
I don’t want to throw them out because I know they will end up in a landfill (each year plastic gift cards account for 75 million pounds of discarded Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)).
Thankfully a new company called GiftZip.com (named as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 10 hot start-ups) has come to my rescue. GiftZip.com promotes greener gift giving by offering users a plastic-free means by which to give and send gift cards.
Since the company’s inception, retailers such as iTunes, Sephora, Amazon, Ugg Australia, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Bloomindale’s, Walmart, Kmart, Meijer, have lined up to become a part of GiftZip.com’s sustainable gift card model.
GiftZip.com strives to save users time, energy and resources without sacrificing any part of the shopping experience. GiftZip.com‘s services ensure that users will never be forced to wait in a line, drive to a store, or pay additional fees for purchasing a gift card.
To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question: What do you do with your plastic gift cards after you use them?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ GiftZip.com on Facebook and Follow on Twitter (4 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook and Follow on Twitter (4 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad or on Making It Last Forever (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Send this Tweet – Win a $50 Amazon eGift Card from @giftzip and @mochadad http://bit.ly/94f5wt (5 Tweets per day, 1 extra entry per tweet)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Solve the Goldbach Conjecture (1,000 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “GiftZip.com eGift Card Contest” starts on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 and ends Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad are not eligible to win. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Wednesday, September 29, 2010. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. A representative from Netvantage Marketing will conduct prize fulfillment. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.