Last month I wrote about the “Eyecare About Reading” Book Drive competition that I’m participating in with two other nationally known bloggers. The goal is to provide books, free eye exams and glasses to children and families in need.
For every 3 books donated, VSP will donate 1 free eye exam and up to 5,500 eye exams for the overall campaign (a value of more than $2,000,000). The blogger who collects the most books will receive an additional 100 free eye exams and glasses for underprivileged children. In addition, the winner will also receive a visit from Bess the Book Bus. The books I collect and the eye exams will benefit children involved in my local Head Start programs.
As it currently stands, I’ve collected a little over 70 books, but I’d love to be able to deliver at least 300 books to the Head Start program. Please help me to reach my goal by spreading the word about this book drive which ends on August 22, 2012.
As an extra incentive, I’d like to offer you the opportunity to enter to win Nike Max Transition Sunglasses ($200 value). To enter the giveaway, do any or all of the following things and leave a comment indicating what you have done.
- Donate new books or gently used books to my book drive. You can drop off books at 601 Jefferson, Houston, TX 77002 on the Concourse level near Frost Bank. I can also pick-up items if you live in Houston. Contact me at email@example.com 0r 281-468-0186 for more details (3 entries per book)
- Share the original “Eyecare About Reading” post on your social networks http://mochadad.com/2012/07/eyecare-about-reading-book-drive-competition/ (1 entry per post)
- Tweet this contest: Win Nike Max Transition Sunglasses from @mochadad and @VSPVisionCare http://bit.ly/MTww3E (1 entry for each tweet)
- Pin this contest on Pinterest with hashtag #mochadad (1 entry)
- Visit the book drive tab on the VSP Vision Care Facebook page at www.facebook.com/vspvisioncare (1 entry).
- Follow VSP on Twitter @VSPVisionCare (1 entry)
- Visit Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Blog this contest (5 extra entries)
Thank you in advance for doing your part to improve children’s literary and eye health.
Mocha Dad’s “Eyecare About Reading Book Drive and Nike Max Transition Sunglasses Giveaway” starts on Monday, August 13, 2012 and ends Monday, August 20, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 30 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.