We all look forward to the sights, smells, foods, beverages and merriment associated with the holiday season. However, the things we love the most about the holidays can trigger headaches. To prevent holiday headaches, try these 5 simple tips, provided by Dr. Keri Peterson, M.D.:
- Stick to your regular routine. Eating, sleeping and exercising as you do the rest of the year can help reduce the chances of getting a headache/migraine.
- Manage your time and plan ahead. Coordinate plans and responsibilities in advance with relatives and friends, compose set menus when hosting a party and try to purchase gifts early so you’re not rushing at the last minute*
- Stay in ventilated spaces. As you browse through the mall, watch out for those scented candles or perfume if you are sensitive to smells
- Eat and drink in moderation. Eat, drink, and be merry, but try not to consume sweets or alcoholic beverages in excess, as they could trigger headaches
- Holiday time can also mean lots of traveling, so be sure to carry Excedrin® Extra Strength with you when you’re on the go for fast relief should a headache or migraine strike.
In addition to sharing these tips, the makers of Excedrin® would like to help you alleviate some some of the holiday stress in another way. Visit the Excedrin Facebook page to enter the “Take a Holiday from Headaches” sweepstakes, where you’ll be eligible for a chance to win daily prizes including gift cards to popular retailers and one lucky grand prize of $25,000 to help with shopping, travel and other holiday expenses.
I would also like to help you take away some of your holiday stress by offering you a chance to enter to win a $100 American Express Gift Card on Mocha Dad.
To enter the giveaway, answer the following question in the comments section:
What is your biggest source of headaches during the holiday season?
Additional Entries (These entries will be counted only after the required entry has been submitted)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (5 extra entries)
- Like Excedrin on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Like Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad and @Excedrin on Twitter and share this tweet: Enter to win a $100 American Express gift card from @Excedrin and @mochadad http://wp.me/P31byE-3bI #giveaway (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share or leave a comment on any Mocha Dad non-contest post (1 extra entry for each share or comment – no limit)
Mocha Dad’s “Take a Holiday from Headaches Giveaway” starts on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 and ends on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans 18 years old and older in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Goodall Family Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this website within the past 30 days. One (1) winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my website. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” All opinions are my own. Allow 3-6 weeks for giveaway fulfillment. While Excedrin has provided promotional support in the form of prizes, Excedrin is not sponsoring or administering the giveaway on this website. Prize value = $100.