Have you checked the cost of college lately? It is expensive. According to the College Board, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2014–2015 school year was $31,231 at private colleges, $9,139 for state residents at public colleges, and $22,958 for out-of-state residents attending public universities. Because of the expense, many students will never have the opportunity to attend college.
Thankfully, programs such as Coca-Cola Pay It Forward give deserving teens the opportunity to earn college scholarships and learn skills that will help them succeed in life. In addition to receiving a $5000 scholarship, selected students will gain admission to the The Coca-Cola Pay It Forward Academy, hosted by Steve Harvey, where they will be privy to 3-days of mentorship, leadership and networking opportunities.
You can do your part to help a student by placing your vote for the finalists. These teens have worked very hard, so pay it forward by checking out their videos and voting for the nominee(s) you think should win a 3-day summer mentorship experience in Atlanta.
Steps to Vote:
- Visit www.coke.com/payitforward
- Click the “Vote” button and follow the instructions to register or login
- Check out the nominees’ video personal statements
- Cast your vote
- Click on the social icons to share the excitement with friends and family and encourage them to vote
- You can vote once a day until the voting period closes on 5/24/15
- Click here for Pay It Forward official rules: http://CokeURL.com/ycz8m
Giving teens the opportunity to excel is just one more way that you can pay it forward by supporting the next generation and building tomorrow’s leaders today.
Join the conversation: Which teen’s story resonated most with you?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Coca-Cola Pay It Forward. All opinions are my own.