My son wants to be an auto designer when he grows up. He likes to draw sketches of what he thinks cars will look like in the future. Here is one of his latest masterpieces:
When he first expressed interest in this career, I shared with him my dreams of becoming a car designer. Like him, I also spent many hours drawing car designs and reading books and magazines about cars. Unfortunately, I never became a car designer. However, I continue to nurture my son’s dreams by taking him to car shows, auto races, and introducing him to people in the industry such as Ralph Gilles, President and CEO of the SRT Brand and Senior Vice President of Design at Chrysler Group LLC. He was the lead designer on the popular Chrysler 300 and was also the boss of the design team who created the 2014 SRT Viper.
I’m sure there are more kids just like my son who have an interest in auto design and I want to share a great educational opportunity with them. Dodge is giving students the chance to enter to win a $60K scholarship by submitting a sketch of a 2025 Dodge. Students can use elements from the current Dodge lineup for inspiration to create an all new vehicle that represents what the future of automobiles will look like.
- Must be a High school students in grades 10 through 12 currently attending a U.S. public school.
- Research: create a half-page (or 500 word) document that explains what Dodge means to you.
- Submit one original design entry no smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 11” x 17”. Submissions must be hand drawn on white paper with the use of pencil, markers, paint etc.
- Both the research page and the final design must include the following information (use the back of the drawing, not the front):
- Student’s name, address, phone and email (critical!)
- Student’s grade level
- School Name and address
- Second contact name and phone number (teacher, parent or guardian only)
1st Place Prize includes:
- $60,000 scholarship to College for Creative Studies (must meet college entry requirements*)
- Apple Macbook Pro 13” 2.5GHz laptop computer
- 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS (includes housing, meals and field trips – does not include transporation)
- 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit, Michigan (does not include transportation).
Deadline for entry is January 23, 2015. Follow the link for more details https://www.facebook.com/notes/998360110190475
Join the conversation: What careers are your children interested in pursuing?
P.S. – My daughter also designed a minivan of the future. Click the link to watch her video – The Minivan of the Future: An Animated Video