2012 was a great year for Mocha Dad. Not only did I get to write about a topic I’m passionate about, but I also got to meet several of my readers in real life. Meeting people who I’ve interacted with online for many years was one of the highlights of the year. Your friendship and dedication motivates me to be a better blogger and a better man.
As I close out 2012, I’d like to say thank you to all of my readers who have supported me over the years. If not for your loyalty and friendship, I would not have been able to keep this blog going for as long as I have (over 4 years and counting).
Below are the top 10 posts of 2012. I hope that one of my posts has helped you, encouraged you or brought a smile to your face. If you’re a new reader, these posts will give you an overview of the topics I write about. Feel free comment on any post that interests you. If you’re a regular reader, I hope your favorite post made the cut (If not, let me know what your favorite post was). I’m looking forward to sharing more with you in 2013. Have a Happy New Year.
TOP 10 POSTS of 2012
- Two Dads Discuss Education: Homeschooling vs. Public School – My friend and I discuss our choices on how we educate our children.
- Men Must Take a Stand Against Domestic Violence: My Personal Pledge – October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, but I challenge men to stand against domestic violence every day.
- A Cup of Coffee with a Vietnam Veteran – My uncle, who is a Vietnam vet, never talked about his war experiences until we sat down at the kitchen table and shared a cup of coffee.
- The Final Mo for Movember – I participated in Movember for the first time and posted my results.
- 5 Lessons for New Parents – These are some of the lessons I had to learn the hard way.
- Father Daughter Dance Teaches Me a Lesson on Letting Go – The final Father/Daughter dance made me wish my little girl would never grow up.
- Mocha Dad and Moms: Setting Boundaries for Grandparents – In this regular series, we discuss how to deal with grandparents who may overstep their bounds.
- A Father’s Hug is a Powerful Thing – A challenge to all parents to hug their children more.
- Two Generations of Comic Book Geeks – I’ve collected comic books for over 30 years. Now my kids have started their own collections.
- A Dad’s Opinion of Public School Lunch – I willingly ate public school lunch and shared my opinion. I also gave the lunch lady quite a scare.
And here are four more of my favorite posts of 2012 that didn’t make the cut.
- A Cigar Box Guitar Helps Me to Bond With My Son – Building projects with my son is fun and fulfilling for both of us.
- The Hunger Games – My son learns an important lesson about helping others.
- Going to Kindergarten Ain’t as Easy as it Used to Be – We decided to delay sending our son to kindergarten and received some negative reactions.
- Reading to My Son’s Class is One of the Perks of Being a Dad – I always like to surprise my son with a good book.
P.S. – If you have a blog, please leave a link to your favorite post of 2012. I promise to read it and share it.