Your Life in Comics: 100 Things for Guys to Write and Draw, by Bill Zimmerman, let’s you do just that. Most other books give you all the words and illustrations so you don’t have a say in what happens. Well this book isn’t like that. Instead, it’s an interactive comic book where you can tell stories from your own life.
There are also cartoons where you get to decide what happens to other characters. Fill in the talk and thought balloons to show what the people say and think – their fate is in your hands!
Other fun freestyle activities let you doodle, make lists, and write about cool stuff in your life. There are also websites with great games, fast facts, and more cartooning activities.
If all of this piques your curiosity, I’d like to give you a chance to win your very own copy of Your Life in Comics: 100 Things for Guys to Write and Draw.
To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question:
Which character from the comics do you most relate to?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on a Mocha Dad Media Blog: Mocha Dad, Making It Last Forever, or Six String Theories (2 extra entries for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Send this Tweet – Win a “Your Life in Comics” book from @mochadad http://bit.ly/eYhX43 (5 Tweets per day, 1 extra entry per tweet)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Send me a link to your favorite online comic strip or series (2 extra entries each)
- Send a photo or video of your dressed up as your favorite comic book character (50 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Your Life In Comics Contest” starts on Sunday, March 6, 2011 and ends Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. and Canada. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad are not eligible to win. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, March 14, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I received a review copy of Your Life in Comics. All opinions are my own