CONTEST CLOSED – 02/01/11
The Color Purple, based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name by Alice Walker, was released in 1985. Twenty-six years later, Warner Brothers has released it on Blu-Ray DVD.
The movie tells the story of a young girl named Celie and shows the problems African-American women faced during the early 1900s, including poverty, racism, and sexism. The character Celie is transformed as she finds her self-worth through the help of two strong female companions.
The cast includes Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah, Danny Glover, Lawrence Fishburn, Margaret Avery, and Ray Dawn Chong. It was directed by Steven Spielberg and nominated for 11 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Actress for Goldberg, and Best Supporting Actress for both Avery and Winfrey.
The newly re-mastered Blu-Ray package includes insider photos, production notes, and more.
If you’d like to win a copy of this classic film, enter the contest below (approximate value – $35). Two winners will be chosen.
- To enter the contest, simply leave a comment answering the following question: Why do you want to win the Blu-Ray package of “The Color Purple”?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ Warner Brothers Entertainment on Facebook (4 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (4 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad or Making It Last Forever (2 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Follow Warner Brothers Home Entertainment on Twitter (3 extra entries)
- Send this Tweet – Win a copy of “The Color Purple” Blu-Ray DVD from @mochadad and @WB_Home_Ent http://bit.ly/giLKoi (5 Tweets per day, 1 extra entry per tweet)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Win a Copy of ‘The Color Purple’ Blu-Ray DVD Contest” starts on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 and ends Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. Two winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Wednesday, February 2, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.