Being a Houston Texans fan is difficult. We lived through the early years when the team struggled to become established. We lived with David Carr. And we continue to live with some of the head coach’s questionable play calls.
On the flip side, we have superstar receiver Andre Johnson, pro-bowl linebacker Mario Williams, all-star running back Arian Foster, and quarterback Matt Schaub has put up some impressive numbers.
At the beginning of each season, we have a glimmer of hope that this will be the one that our Texans make the playoffs. Each season we have been disappointed.
The 2011 season has been no different. We had Superbowl hopes until all of our star players were injured. But we still keep hope alive. With a record of 8-3, The Texans can make the playoffs and maybe even win the division.
In support of our team, I invited some of my friends and family over to watch the Texans play the Jaguars. I decorated the house with Texans paraphernalia to set the mood and ordered some tasty food and drinks. Although the game was much tighter than we liked, we were pleased with the Texans’ victory. We were not pleased that the back-up quarterback was also injured during the game.
As I looked around my home to see my family and friends having a great time eating, drinking, and watching football, I was thankful that I had a place where everyone can gather and feel comfortable.
If you’re looking for that special place that feels like home where you can entertain friends and family, Apartment Guide will help point you in the right direction. The website is chock full of useful information:
- Wondering how to host a party for all of your friends? Apartment Guide has décor ideas and entertaining guides perfect for any occasion: http://www.movingtoday.com/tag/decorating-tips
- Looking to update your home decor? Apartment Guide has tips on how to decorate and maximize your home whether you are in a large or small space.
- If you’re ready for a whole new space or are looking to move, Apartment Guide has the photos, floor plans, features and tips to help you find the perfect apartment community.
- The modern world is a busy place, and we don’t often get to interact with those outside our home or office except in a rush. Read on for ways to meet your neighbors and get the people you care about together and get to know them better: http://www.movingtoday.com/hosting-regular-apartment-get-togethers
- Search for available apartments right within Apartment Guide’s Facebook page on the Search AG tab, and search for apartments with your Facebook friends by using the Search with Friends application on ApartmentGuide.com.
What makes a place feel like home?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ Apartment Guide on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Follow Apartment Guide on Twitter @AptGuide for real-time tips and updates on making the most of your space (Looking for a new place? Use the #OfficeHours hashtag on Twitter and Apartment Guide can help you narrow down your apartment search). (5 extra entries).
- Visit the Apartment Guide Moving Guide and tell me something you learned (2 extra entries for each comment)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this contest: Win a $100 American Express GC from @mochadad and @aptguide http://bit.ly/sYdhnG (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Tailgating at Home” Contest starts on Thursday, December 1, 2011 and ends Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, December 25, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Apartment Guide is owned by Consumer Source, Inc. Apartment Guide partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “Tailgating at Home” Blogger Challenge. As part of that program, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used for the “Tailgating at Home” Blogger Challenge. Apartment Guide and Consumer Source believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Consumer Source’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.