Movember may be over, but the quest for better men’s health continues. My Movember campaign focused on prostate cancer (I raised $470 and my team also raised over $8000 for men’s health initiatives), but skin cancer is also a top risk for men.
One way that men can reduce their risk is by avoiding prolonged sun exposure and caring for their skin. I know that many men are reluctant to have a regular skin care rountine because they believe that it’s not manly. That perception is quickly changing thanks to an increasing number of companies who have begun marketing men’s skin care products. Men are finally coming to understand that protecting and maintaining healthy skin is key to preventing premature aging and the onset of various skin ailments.
I started taking better care of my skin after a skin cancer scare. I noticed a strange growth on the side of my head and I was concerned that it might be melanoma (an internet search only fueled my fears). I immediately scheduled an appointment with my dermalogist. Thankfully, the growth was only a scab. During the examination, the doctor asked me about my skin care rountine and I gave her a blank stare. She scolded me and told me to begin taking better care of my skin immediately. I complied.
Since then, I’ve been using J. Paul skin care products as part of my skin care regimine. I love the shaving products and used them to groom myself after Movember ended. Below are the before and after photos.
If you would like to try these skin care products, you can order them from jpaulonline.com or from Nordstom’s. I’m also giving away a shaving set that includes the following products:
- Scrub Preshave – an exfoliant with tiny silicone dioxide spheres and soothing oils that removes dead skin cells, accelerates collagen renewal, and prepares your face for the closest shave possible ($28.00)
- Glide Shave Cream – a glyceryl-based shave cream, infused with aloe and jojoba, softens and protects your skin, provides the ultimate close shave, and even keeps your razor sharp up to three times longer ($24.00)
- Ice Aftershave – an alcohol-free lotion that utilizes the finest moisturizing ingredients, soothes razor burn and prevents the formation of razor bumps ($24.00)
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the following question:
Do you prefer my Before or After look?
- ‘Like’ J. Paul on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter and tweet this contest: Enter to win a J. Paul Shaving Set from @mochadad http://bit.ly/U3W0JU [add the hashtag #mochadadbefore or #mochadadafter] (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a non-contest Mocha Dad post on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Post Movember Giveaway: J. Paul Shaving Set for Men” starts on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 and ends Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 30 days. One (1) winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own. Total retail value of prize is $76.00 (USD).