Because of our busy schedules, my family and I only get to eat breakfast together on the weekends. When it’s my turn to make breakfast, I always ask the kids what they want. 90% of the time, they will say pancakes (the other 10% is split between waffles and omelets). I like to make pancakes for my kids because doing so reminds me of the weekends I spent with my mother eating pancakes.

Most Saturdays, I would wake up early, pour myself a bowl of cereal and settle in front of the TV to watch cartoons (back then we had to make a special appointment to watch cartoons). Periodically, my mother would surprise me with a stack of fluffy pancakes. I loved sitting around the table eating pancakes with her while we talked about our lives. Even Scooby Doo couldn’t pull me away from this time with my mother.

I try to recreate these moments with my kids. I must admit that I don’t make pancakes from scratch like my mother did. Instead, I rely on Hungry Jack pancake mixes. I like Hungry Jack’s new protein pancakes because are a good source for calcium and have 10 grams of protein (this protein boost is great for my workout days). These new pancakes are perfectly complimented by the updated 27.6 oz. Hungry Jack Original Syrup. What I like about this syrup is that you can microwave it  and have warm syrup whenever you want it.

pancakeism

I’d like to give one Mocha Dad reader an opportunity to samples of Hungry Jack Pancake mixes and syrups. To enter, share your own PANCAKEISM in the comments below.

Additional Entries

  • Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (5 extra entries)
  • Like Hungry Jack on Facebook (5 extra entries)
  • Tweet This: Enter to win the #HungryJack Pancake mixes and syrups from @mochadad http://bit.ly/1fZg6FR #BeYourOwnJacK (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
  • Share any Mocha Dad post via Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, or Google+ (1 extra entry for each share or comment)

Additional Note: Starting in October, fans can ask Hungry Jack questions directly. All you need to do is use #AskJack and you will receive a response with a hearty dose of Jack’s Wisdom right from the brand and a chance to win prizes and racing swag! Also three times during the NASCAR racing season, Hungry Jack NASCAR driver partner AJ Almendinger will send out a call to his fans and Racing Rewards members to use #AskJack and #Promo. Fans who participate during any of the three times happening in October, November and January will be rewarded with Jack’s wisdom in the form of a pancake-ism! Those who participate and send it their own pancake-isms may also be featured on the Hungry Jack website, Facebook page, and JTG Daugherty social pages, so the wisdom can be shared to fans everywhere. Click link for details – http://bit.ly/1Nfh8wa

 *     *     *     *     *

Mocha Dad’s “Hungry Jack Giveaway” starts on Friday, September 4, 2015 and ends on Friday, September 25, 2015 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans 18 years old and older in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Goodall Family Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this website within the past 30 days. One (1) winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my website. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” All opinions are my own. Allow 3-6 weeks for giveaway fulfillment.