Contest Closed 06/30/11
My current favorite is my HEXBUG Spider. This creepy crawler is an electro-mechanical marvel. The complexity of its internal mechanisms and six-legged crawling motion is simply fascinating to operate and watch. It features 360 degree steering, an LED forward eye, and two-channel, user selectable infrared remote control. With the remote, I can operate one bug independently or multiple bugs at the same time.
My three kids have HEXBUG Nanos. These are micro-robotic bugs that when switched on, skitter around with the accuracy of live bugs. They can even flip over to their feet when turned on their backs. My kids have played with these little robotic bugs so much that I’ve already had to change the batteries.
If you like robotics as much as I do, I’d like to give you an opportunity to win a Glow in the Dark HEXBUG Nano Starter Set. It is perfect for any first time HEXBUG Nano owner, and contains one extremely rare glow in the dark HEXBUG Nano mutation, two easy connect glow in the dark curved pieces, and one easy connect glow in the dark hexagon piece.
To enter the contest, answer the following question in the comments section:
If you had your own personal robot, what would you program it to do?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- ‘Like’ HEXBUG on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Follow @HEXBUG on Twitter (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter (3 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on any Mocha Dad Media Blog: Mocha Dad or Six String Theories (3 extra entries for each comment)
- Tweet this contest (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (2 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Enter my “Portraits of Dad” Photo Contest (10 extra entries)
- Build me a working robot that can cut my lawn, do laundry, and dance (1,000 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “HEXBUG Creepy, Crawly Summer Contest” starts on Friday, June 24, 2011 and ends Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 60 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Firday, July 1, 2011. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.
DISCLOSURE: I RECEIVED HEXBUG TOYS FOR REVIEW PURPOSES. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.