I started wearing Hanes after my wife bought me a package of T-shirts. When she handed me the package, I started shaking my head.
“What’s wrong?” she asked.
“You only bought these because of Michael Jordan didn’t you?” I asked.
“Hey, if they’re good enough for Jordan, they’re good enough for you,” she said with a smile. At that point, I realized that arguing was futile because my wife is a huge Michael Jordan fan. Besides, the T-shirts fit well and prevented bacon neck.
In addition to making men feel like the greatest basketball player ever (my wife made me write that), Hanes has partnered with the Box Tops for Education program to provide Box Tops rewards on their children’s tees, socks and underwear. As you know, I’m a member of the Box Tops for Education Blogger Panel (and if you don’t know, read this post immediately). My goal is to help parents maximize their school’s Box Tops programs. Since the program began, Box Tops for Education has helped schools earn more than $475 million dollars.
Hanes is contributing to this effort by offering Box-Tops rewards on their t-shirts, underwear and socks. What a great way to earn money for your child’s school by purchasing items you already need.
To help kick start your school’s fundraising efforts, I am giving one lucky Mocha Dad reader a Back-to- School Hanes apparel package for up to 3 kids which will include:
- 1 – pack of socks (boy or girl) for up to 3 kids
- 1 – pack of underwear (boy or girl) for up to 3 kids
- 1 – pack of undershirts (boy or girl) for up to 3 kids
- 1 – Hanes Comfortblend® EcoSmart® Full-Zip Kids’ Hoodie Sweatshirt (Boy or Girl) for up to 3 kids
- 1 – Hanes EcoSmart Sweatpants (Boy or Girl) for up to 3 kids
But wait. There’s more. Hanes will also donate 100 Box Tops to the winner’s school. To enter the giveaway, answer the following question:
What are some of the ways your child’s school raises money?
Additional Entries (These entries will be counted only after the required entry has been submitted)
- ‘Like’ Hanes on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Box Tops for Education on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (3 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Tweet this contest: Win Hanes Apparel from @hanes & @mochadad http://bit.ly/Q25o1w #giveaway #mdad (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a non-contest Mocha Dad post on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Share photos of your bacon neck (2 entries each)
Mocha Dad’s “Hanes Apparel Package Giveaway” starts on Thursday, September 6, 2012 and ends Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 30 days. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.