If you are a regular reader, you know that I’m passionate about preventing domestic violence. My mother was a victim of domestic violence and seeing her get hurt affected me deeply. That’s why I work hard to raise awareness and help other victims.
According to domestic violence shelters throughout the U.S., domestic abuse has continued to increase. To make matters worse, government cutbacks have decreased shelters’ ability to help survivors. According to the National Network of Domestic Violence, three women die each day because of domestic abuse.
To help prevent “glossing” over the staggering statistics, Mary Kay is proving that two lip glosses can change the world through the 2012 Beauty That Counts initiative. As part of this program, two brand new limited-edition shades of Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss, aptly named Inspiring and Possibilities, aim to provide hope for women and children affected by domestic violence.
During Domestic Violence Awareness Month this October women can continue to support their efforts just by purchasing a limited-edition Beauty That Counts Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss ($14). Through December 15th, $1 from each sale will be donated directly to the Mary Kay Foundation to help domestic violence victims.
To encourage you to help spread the word, I’m giving two (2) Mocha Dad readers the opportunity to win two (2) tubes of Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss (Inspiring and Possibilities).
To enter the giveaway, answer the following question:
- Leave a comment on this post, “Men Must Take a Stand Against Domestic Violence: My Personal Pledge.” For each comment I receive, I will personally donate $1 to help domestic violence victims (5 entries per comment)
- Share my pledge on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, or Tumblr (1 extra entry for each share)
- Blog about Domestic Violence Awareness Month and send me a link (10 entries)
- ‘Like’ Mary Kay on Facebook
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter and tweet this contest: Win @marykay lip gloss to help domestic violence victims @mochadad #stopdomesticviolence http://bit.ly/T5tIAK (1 extra entry per tweet – 7 per day)
Mocha Dad’s “Win Mary Kay Lip Gloss and Help Domestic Violence Victims Giveaway” starts on Friday, October 19, 2012 and ends Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this blog within the past 30 days. One(1) winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. All opinions are my own.