Every weekend, millions of kids play youth sports. Even more impressive are the legions of people who volunteer their time to make these games happen.
Unfortunately, many youth sports teams and athletic associations are currently experiencing a funding crisis. That is why Adirondack Fleece has started its Get in the Game Campaign. Each month, they will profile an organization on their website in order to help raise awareness of their team, their accomplishments and their need for critical funding. They will also be running a series called “Coach ‘Em Up” profiling dads and moms that are involved in their children’s sporting lives.
Participating in the Get in the Game Campaign is simple. All you have to do is complete the Nomination Form.
In addition, I am giving away a package of 17 custom embroidered fleece blankets with the logo of the youth sports team or athletic association of your choosing. You can use these blankets as fund-raiser or as a thank you gift for your volunteers and/or players.
To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question: What is your most memorable youth sports experience as a player, volunteer, or spectator?
- Nominate a sports organization, league or team on Adirondack Fleece’s blog (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (4 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Adirondack Fleece on Facebook (4 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on one of my youth sports related posts “Being a Coach is Serious Business,” “Mocha Dad and Moms: Overcoming the Fear of Failure,” “Baseball Has Been Very, Very Good to Me” (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Follow Adirondack Fleece on Twitter (3 extra entries)
- Send this Tweet – Win custom embroidered blankets from @adirondackblog for your youth sports team http://bit.ly/bMOIRC (5 Tweets per day, 1 extra entry per tweet)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
- Post a video of yourself doing a 360 degree dunk and send link (1,000 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Get In the Game Youth Sports Contest” starts on Friday, October 8, 2010 and ends Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad are not eligible to win. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, October 18, 2010. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. A representative from Adirondack Fleece will conduct prize fulfillment. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.