A few years ago, my mother-in-law ran a gift basket business. She would fill them with items that fit the recipient’s personality and decorate them beautifully. I looked forward to holidays because I knew she would send me one of her awesome gift baskets. Sometimes I’d spend a whole day admiring her handiwork before indulging in the goodies inside the basket.
Although she doesn’t make baskets anymore, she did teach me her process. This Father’s Day, you can make dad a great Father’s Day Gift Basket. A basket filled with CVS Gold Emblem healthy snacks and trail mix makes a wonderful gift for active dads. Here are the instructions:
HEALTHY SNACK GIFT BASKET
- 1-2 yards of Cellophane
- Twist Tie
- Shredded paper, cloth, or artificial grass to use as filler
- Snack Items
- Gold Emblem Whole Fancy Cashews
- Gold Emblem Whole Almonds Raw
- Gold Emblem Natural Pistachios
- Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Gold Emblem Cinnamon Honey Almonds
- Gold Emblem Deluxe Mixed Nuts
- Gold Emblem Pitted Prunes (in a resealable pouch)
- Gold Emblem Trail Mix
- Place cellophane on a table and place basket in the middle.
- Arrange snack items and filler material inside the basket.
- Gather up the cellophane, pulling up the short sides first, then longer sides, and secure with a long twist tie. Add the ribbon and make a nice bow.
- Add a personalized note to let dad know how much you care about him.
What items would you, your dad or husband like to see in a gift basket?
- ‘Like’ CVS on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Sign up for the Mocha Dad Newsletter (3 extra entries)
- Follow @mochadad on Twitter and tweet this contest: #Spon: Enter to win a $100 CVS gift card from @mochadad and @CVS_Extra http://su.pr/9tLq2N #giveaway (1 extra entry per tweet – 5 per day)
- Share a non-contest Mocha Dad post on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, or StumbleUpon (1 extra entry for each share)
Mocha Dad’s “Father’s Day Gift Basket Idea and Giveaway: $100 CVS Gift Card” starts on Thursday, June 6, 2013 and ends on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans 18 years old and older in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. You are also ineligible if you’ve won a prize from this website within the past 30 days. One (1) winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced soon after the ending date. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be chosen. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received compensation and/or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” All opinions are my own. Total prize value is $100. Allow 3-6 weeks for giveaway fulfillment.