Each year around Father’s Day, the Houston Texans hold a community event to commemorate fatherhood. This year, they invited dads and their families to special All Pro Dad celebration.
Launched in 1997 with the help of Tony Dungy, then head coach of the 2006 Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts, All Pro Dad gives men the resources and encouragement they need to become better fathers. All Pro Dad is built on a football theme and features more than 50 NFL players, coaches and alumni who speak out on the importance of being a good father.
I attended the event with my two sons and we had a great time. The boys learned some new football skills while I gained some insight on how to be a better father.
In his continuing quest to help fathers be better dads, Dungy has teamed up with Campbell Chunky Soup to encourage dads to eat healthy, become active and become more involved with their kids. Together, they are launching the Campbell’s Chunky Soup All Pro Dad Pledge. Any dad who takes the pledge will have a chance to enter a drawing to win a family trip to the NFL Pro Bowl in Hawaii in January, 2011. Five lucky dads will score as the winners of the trip.
To take the pledge, dads can log on to www.Facebook.com/ChunkySoup and share their own personal tips on how to be more active, more involved with their kids and eat healthier. The pledge asks dads to do two simple things a week that can make a big difference:
- Eat a wholesome dinner with their family
- Do something active with their kids
“Together with Campbell’s Chunky soup, we’re hoping to empower everyday fathers to be the ‘All Pro Dads’ they want to be both on and off the field,” said Dungy.
To help you on your journey to being a better dad, I’d like to offer you the opportunity to win a “Playbook Package.” Each package includes:
- A copy of Tony Dungy’s new book “The Mentor Leader”
- Three new soups: Hearty Italian Wedding, Hearty Beef Noodle and Hearty Tomato with Pasta soup
- More information about the program and the pledge
To enter the contest, leave a comment answering the following question: How can fathers be more active in their children’s lives?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- Visit www.Facebook.com/ChunkySoup and take the pledge
- ‘Like’ Mocha Dad on Facebook (4 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad or on Making It Last Forever (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Send this Tweet – Win a “Playbook Prize Pack” from @mochadad and Chunky Soup http://bit.ly/eFqEYE (5 Tweets per day, 1 extra entry per tweet)
- Blog this contest (10 extra entries)
Mocha Dad’s “Campbell’s Chunky Soup All Pro Dad Pledge Contest” starts on Monday, November 22, 2010 and ends Monday, November 29, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad Media are not eligible to win. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, November 29, 2010. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen. Weber Shandwick will ship the prize.