In my former life, I ran a photography studio. My main business tools were my website, Canon cameras and Adobe Photoshop. Over the years, I have used the entire suite of Photoshop products – everything from Photoshop Elements to Adobe Photoshop CS4.
I use CS4 for my heavy duty photo editing work that is labor intensive and require specialized plug-ins. For my daily work and family photos, I rely on Photoshop Elements.
I’m quite pleased about the new features and enhancements in Photoshop Elements 8. I have worked with the software for a few weeks now and the new enhancements have made my life so much easier. Here are the ones that I like the most:
- Organizer – The new organizer has incorporated elements of Lightroom to make it easier to find, view, and manage all photos.
- People Recognition – If you’re familiar with the iPhoto feature “Faces,” you’ll love this new feature in Elements that allows you to automatically identify people in your photographs.
- Create the perfect Photo – Create perfectly lit shots with Adobe Photomerge Exposure by combining the best elements of a series of shots.
- Automatic Online Backup – Users can receive up to 2GB of free storage on Photoshop.com.
Now through May 10th, you can save $30 on Photoshop Elements 8 or $50 on the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 8 Bundle by visiting Adobe’s website.
In addition to these great savings, I am celebrating Mother’s Day by giving away one copy of the Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 Bundle ($150 Value).
To enter the contest, leave one or more of the following comments:
- What are your favorite Photoshop Elements 8 or Premiere Elements 8 features?
- What do you do with your photos and/or videos after you take them?
- Leave a link to some of your best photos and/or videos.
- What is the most best lesson that you’ve learned from your mother?
After you have submitted your mandatory entry, you can receive additional entries by doing any or all of the following things:
- Leave a comment on a non-contest post on Mocha Dad or on Making It Last Forever (1 extra entries for each comment)
- Subscribe to Mocha Dad (3 extra entries)
- Tweet this contest (5 Tweets per day)
- Mocha Dad Facebook Fans are automatically entered into all Mocha Dad contests.
Mocha Dad’s “Photoshop 8 Mother’s Day Contest” starts on Monday, April 26, 2010 and ends Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. (CST), and is open to all Mocha Dad readers, subscribers, and/or fans in the continental U.S. and Canada. No purchase required. Relatives and employees of Mocha Dad are not eligible to win. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on Monday, May 3, 2010. You must leave your contact information to collect your prize. A representative from Edleman will conduct prize fulfillment. If a winner does not respond within 5-days, a new winner will be chosen.