Hello, fellow family bloggers. Thanks for joining me in 5minutesformom’s huge blog party. I’m honored to be one of the dad bloggers invited to the party. So if you came to party with me, here are 25 things about Mocha Dad that you need to know:
- I have lived in six states and the District of Columbia. Texas is the best state by far.
- I love music – all genres. The only criteria is that is has to be good.
- I have 11,000 songs on my iPod and I still have over 200 more CDs to rip.
- Speaking of music, I have bought a piano and a guitar to teach myself to play. I have discovered that I am a terrible music teacher.
- I am semi fluent in Spanish. I can read it better than I can speak it.
- I have visited 30 of the fifty states and the District of Columbia. I have also visited 8 countries.
- I love to cook. My favorite cuisines are Asian, Caribbean, Cajun/Creole, and Indian.
- Although I have dated several girls, I have had only two “official girlfriends.” The first was in 10th grade and I cannot remember her full name. The second was in college and I married her.
- I have worked at the same company for 15 years. I have an employee who has worked there for 50 years.
- I have had my writing published in newspapers, magazines, and book anthologies. I have resolved to write my own book this year.
- I turned down a full academic scholarship to University of Texas to attend Howard University instead. Although I did receive a partial scholarship for Howard, I still struggled to pay for college.
- I loved my years at Howard.
- I bought my current car from eBay and got a great deal.
- Because I am easily bored, I constantly seek new creative outlets.
- I do not suffer fools very well. I’m working on that.
- I like to beat people up.
- Seventeen in my favorite number.
- I am passionate about ending homelessness, HIV/AIDS, and ignorance.
- Number 16 is not really true just making sure you’re paying attention.
- I enjoy weight-lifting, jogging, and cycling.
- I listen to NPR every day.
- My favorite bible verse is Romans 12:2.
- My daughter was the reason why I became interested in photography.
- The other two kids inspired this blog.
- I am so in love with my wife and I’d marry her again if I had the choice.